Arborist training is given international attention
The first meeting of partners in the project ARBORISTS: Urban Tree Care for Sustainable Cities in the Baltic Sea Region Nr. 2017-1-LT01-KA202-035253 took place in Germany.
Training of arborists has been given a substantial attention in many European countries. A well-maintained tree is an asset, and workers are trained to perform a proper tree care and maintenance. In Lithuania, arborists will begin to be systematically trained through a EU funded project as soon as the arborist training programs are developed and the trainers of arborists are trained.
The meeting was held to discuss aim and results of the Project. Project aim to develop the innovative profession of Arborists in the Baltic Sea Region
- Project will seek to achieve the following Outcomes:
- Producing expert guidelines for Arborist training
- Developing National/regional/city recommendations
- Developing Arborist trainer training instruments
- Developing Arborist training instruments
- Developing and publishing techbooks (online)